Friday 16 March 2012

Nincompoop

Happened to see the word 'Nincompoop' in one of the official emails in my office. I had no clue what the word meant until I googled it. The very first thought in my mind was, 'NincomWHAT???' :)


One thing the sender of the email hadn't realised when he had placed the distribution list in the TO field was that after 30 circulations of the email, someone would type a word that was so harsh on people involved in the email. Seems little did the sender know the significance of blind copying the DL as people started clicking 'Reply to all' repeating the same messages 'Please do not reply to all'  one after the other. Almost most of them in my company were silent spectators of what was going on. Suddenly there was one email from a colleague who works from London stating, "We work with people who are nincompoops (stupid/foolish people)" in an attempt to notify the mistake people were trying to do.


I had  learnt a new word from that email but kept wondering how people could be insensible while sending out official emails involving vast audiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment